View the Online Scientific Program to see all sessions and abstracts accepted for the International Conference for the Decade Memory of the Wenchuan Earthquake with the 4th International Conference on Continental Earthquakes meeting.
All presenters MUST be registered to attend and present at this Meeting.
Presenter Guide – Oral
1. Prepare Your Presentation
Length of presentation material should be in accordance with your time allotted. Total duration including Q&A and speaker changeover is 15 minutes for each common talk, and 20 minutes for invited talk. Please refer to the Final Program for actual presentation schedules. You are kindly requested to be at the presentation room at least 15 minutes before the session starts.
2. The oral presenter needs to copy the presentation files(PPT/PDF) to the laptop of the meeting room in advance by using your USB storage device, before the start of the whole meeting section, and check the presentation files carefully on their own.
3. Each meeting room comes equipped with a laser pointer, laptop and screen.The laptops will be configured with Windows Operating System and playback software such as PowerPoint 2016 and Adobe Reader.For MAC-laptop users, please bring your own laptop and VGA adapter cable.
4. In case of displaying content such as videos in special format, it is necessary to check with the staff in advance whether there is any supporting playback software.
Presenter Guide – Poster
1. Poster Presentation Hours
Posters must be kept posted daily from 8:30 to 18:00 on the day of your presentation.
Poster Hall (Shudu Hall, Level 3).
3. Poster Size/Dimensions
For the best viewers, we recommend that you make the poster with a size of 0.90m wide x 1.10mhigh.Poster boards are pre-assigned and marked with your Abstract ID (such as the “4th ICCE-0000000999”). Please feel free to approach the Conference Registration Desk for assistance.
4. Prepare Your Poster
• Each presenter is provided with a poster panel. The presentation must cover the same material as the abstract submitted.
• Place your Abstract ID, Abstract Title prominently at the top of the poster to allow viewers to identify your abstract easily.
• Highlight the authors’ names and contact information in case the viewer is interested in more information.
• You have complete freedom in displaying your information in figures, tables, text, photographs, etc in the poster.
• A successful poster presentation depends on how well you convey information to an interested (but not expert) audience. You may wish to structure your poster by including the background of your research followed by results and conclusions.
5. Poster Set Up
• Posters should be set-up between 7:30 A.M. and 8:30 A.M. on the day of your presentation.
• Presenters must be available for at least 1 hour between 8:30 A.M. and 6:00 P.M. Signs indicating when you will be at your presentation can be picked up at the Poster Help Booth. Please leave a note on your poster board as to where you can be reached in case someone wishes to discuss your research further.
• The panel is made of hard materials. You cannot use pushpins to fix your posters. It is recommended to use double-sided adhesive tape or transparent adhesive tape, which can be obtained from the Poster Help Booth. If you have special needs for your poster presentation, please bring those supplies with you to the meeting.
• If you have a related publication available to your readers, please bring your own envelopes, paper bags, etc., and place them underneath your poster or on the ground near the panel.
6. Poster Remove
• Posters must be removed before 6:30 P.M. on the day of the presentation as there are new posters each day on each board.
• Posters remaining up after this time will be removed and recycled by cleaners.We will not be responsible for posters and materials left on poster boards after the stated hours.
7. Poster Help Booth
The Poster Help Booth is located in the Poster Hall. Staff will be available to provide assistance in locating a poster, providing supplies such as tape, scissors, and answering general questions.
Download Presenter Guidelines